Leading skills for today’s collaborative world.
Introducing the Matrix Manager Inventory: Leading in a Collaborative Environment, the timely assessment and training programme that’s designed to help both new and seasoned managers to acquire and develop the ability to flex between 'command and control' and 'influence and collaborate' management.
Managing in today’s complex environment is more challenging than ever. With multi-functional teams, virtual work environments, and dotted-line reporting relationships, the once 'neat-'n'-tidy' hierarchical flowcharts we learned about in Management 101 are being replaced with what looks more like a spider’s web — a matrix, if you will. And all of this makes the 'simple' job of getting things done, well, not so simple.
The trend toward matrix management has created the need for a new leadership skill set, one that helps managers to flex and shift their focus away from a traditional 'command and control' approach to a more fluid and flexible 'influence and collaboration' strategy.
• Learn how to balance the skills required of traditional and matrix management
• Understand the matrix management decision-making criteria
• Build a 'spectrum' of skills and behaviors that drive successful influence and collaboration
• Define the role set or network needed to be a successful matrix manager
• Overcome the daily dilemmas and challenges of matrix management.
The Facilitator Set Includes
• Learning Goals
• Are You a Matrix Manager?
• The Case for Change
• Completing, Scoring, and Charting the Matrix Manager Inventory
• The Matrix Manager Model
• From Competency to Capabilities
• From Matrix to Virtual to Virtual Matrix Team
• From Hierarchy to Role Set
• Hierarchy to Role Set Activity
• The Transition to Matrix Manager
• Action Planning
• About the Authors.
|Attribute name||Attribute value|
|OBJECTIVE||To help participants clarify strengths and weaknesses of personality styles|
|AUDIENCE||The primary audience is mid-level managers and project managers who need to manage globally dispersed teams, but this will also be beneficial to executives, individual contributors, and consultants who need to perform successfully in global organisational environments|
|TIME REQUIRED||1½ hours|