Leading skills for today’s collaborative world.
Managing in today’s complex environment is more challenging than ever. With multi-functional teams, virtual work environments, and dotted-line reporting relationships, the once'neat'n'tidy' hierarchical flowcharts we learned about in Management 101 are being replaced with what looks more like a spider’s web — a matrix, if you will. And all of this makes the 'simple' job of getting things done, well, not so simple.
The trend toward matrix management has created the need for a new leadership skill set, one that helps managers to flex and shift their focus away from a traditional 'command and control' approach to a more fluid and flexible 'influence and collaboration' strategy.
Introducing the Matrix Manager Inventory: Leading in a Collaborative Environment, the timely assessment and training programme that’s designed to help both new and seasoned managers to acquire and develop the ability to flex between 'command and control' and 'influence and collaborate' management.
• Learn how to balance the skills required of traditional and matrix management
• Understand the matrix management decision-making criteria
• Build a 'spectrum' of skills and behaviors that drive successful influence and collaboration
• Define the role set or network needed to be a successful matrix manager
• Overcome the daily dilemmas and challenges of matrix management.
The Matrix Manager Inventory Self-Assessment Includes
• 40-item inventory
• Scoring the Matrix Manager Inventory
• Interpreting Your Scores
• Your Overall Scores
• Your Category-Specific Scores.
ONLINE VERSION ALSO AVAILABLE (See Related Products below)
* Telephone (01267) 281661 to set up a new online project. Please go to the Online Assessments section of the website for the full range of available Online Assessments.
To learn how to balance matrix management skills
The primary audience is mid-level managers and project managers who need to manage globally dispersed teams, but this will also be beneficial to executives, individual contributors, and consultants who need to perform successfully in global organisational environments