Get supervisors in gear
Supervisory Skills Questionnaire is the tool you need to equip supervisors with the skills they need to tackle the everyday challenges they face in the workplace. A trainer favourite for more than 15 years, this combination assessment, workbook, and half-day workshop targets five vital skills that shape a supervisor’s work life. When supervisors are able to master these skills, they’re well-prepared to balance the goals of the organisation with the demands of their employees.
New for the 4th Edition
Used in tandem with the assessment, the participant workbook is designed to support the half-day workshop. It contains in-depth information about supervisory skills, practice activities, and development planning. The workbook also serves as a useful post-training reference tool.
• Preface: A Balancing Act
• Module 1: Understanding the Supervisory Skills
• Module 2: Practicing the Supervisory Skills
• Module 3: Development Planning
• Module 4: Putting it All Together
• Appendix: Understanding the 30 Situations.
Why does the Supervisory Skills Questionnaire click for supervisors?
Supervisors are responsible for getting work done through others and they are the front-line leaders who influence service and quality. Rather than a general focus on supervisory-related topics such as communication, leadership, and motivation, this combination assessment, workbook, and classroom training workshop targets five specific areas that shape a supervisor’s daily work life: Guiding the Work, Organising the Work, Developing Staff, Managing Performance, and Managing Relations (with other workgroups). When supervisors are able to master these skills, they’re well-equipped to balance the goals of the organisation with the needs of their employees.
• Understand the core roles and responsibilities of a supervisor
• Measure performance in five key supervisory skills training areas
• Discover skill strengths and identify areas in need of improvement
• Develop an action-oriented plan to improve competence and impact.