What's My Coaching Style? is a coaching assessment for management development that measures personality style and explores how it relates to coaching and interpersonal relationships. Coaches and managers identify and understand personality traits, learn how to capitalise on personal strengths, and minimise potential weaknesses.
What's My Coaching Style? Self Assessment Table of Contents:
• 18-item assessment with pressure-sensitive response form
• Scoring and Understanding Your Coaching Style
• What is Coaching
• What is Style
• Coaching + Style = Coaching Style
• Why is It Important That I Know My Coaching Style?
• Scoring What's My Coaching Style?
• Interpreting Your Scores
• Is There a Best Coaching Style?
• Too Much of a Good Thing?
• Action Planning
• Identify personal preference for one of four coaching styles
• Develop an awareness of personal behaviour patterns
• Learn how one is viewed by those he or she coaches
• Create an action plan to apply in the workplace immediately.
What’s My Coaching Style? and the other titles in the HRDQ Style Series are based on the well-known research and personality theories of psychologists Carl Jung, William Moulton Marston, and others. Most research has identified two basic dimensions of style, which we refer to as assertiveness and expressiveness. Assertiveness is the effort a person makes to influence or control the thoughts or actions of others. Expressiveness is the effort that a person makes to control his or her emotions and feelings when relating to others.
How It Works
Participants respond to 18 pairs of adjectives, using a pressure-sensitive form. After scoring is complete, easy-to-read charts allow respondents to quickly scan the strengths and trouble spots that characterise their particular coaching styles.
Uses for What’s My Coaching Style?
What’s My Coaching Style? is ideal for training anyone who coaches another and wants to create an environment of high performance, change, and learning. It makes an effective component in training programmes for a variety of topics, including:
• Performance Management
• Leadership/Management/Supervisory Skills
• Team Building
What to Order
Order one Facilitator Guide per trainer, one Participant Guide per participant, and one Feedback Form for each of the participants’ coachees (to be used separately from the training session).
Participant Guide includes:
• 18-item assessment
• Pressure-sensitive Response Form
• Interpretive information
• Charts depicting style strengths and trouble spots
• Action planning worksheet.
ONLINE VERSION ALSO AVAILABLE (See Related Products below)
* Telephone (01267) 281661 to set up a new online project. Please go to the Online Assessments section of the website for the full range of available Online Assessments.