The Ethical Type Indicator is a self-scoring personal assessment instrument that reveals primary ethical decision-making preferences or ethical types. It also helps to show the degree to which you are influenced by others. It will enable your participants to discover the answers to critical questions about their ethical style. This self-scoring personal assessment instrument measures the extent to which they prefer and use six ethical philosophies when confronted with an ethical dilemma.
The Ethical Type Indicator consists of 42 statements reflective of one of six ethical theories. The tool is easy to complete and self-scoring takes only a few minutes.
There are no right or wrong answers. Respond with personal honesty and candor to:
• Discover your primary ethical decision-making preference or ethical type
• Assess the degree to which you are influenced by ethical principles
• Become empowered to recognize, analyze and resolve future ethical dilemmas
• Do you regard written codes of conduct as helpful in resolving ethical dilemmas?
• Do you believe the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few?
• Are the thoughts, feelings and beliefs of friends an important consideration?
• Explanation of how to interpret and use the raw scores
• Description of each ethical type
• Instructions for using the instrument for further self-exploration and communication with others
• A brief presentation of a disciplined process of ethical reasoning.
|Attribute name||Attribute value|
|OBJECTIVE||To resolve ethical and moral dilemmas|
|TIME REQUIRED||1 hour|
|AUTHOR||Louie V. Larimer|