The purpose of the Leader-Manager Profile Facilitator Guide is to help individuals to understand the differences between leading and managing and learn the necessary skills to be effective in each role.
It suggests how to balance leading and managing in different situations, and features administrative and scoring guidelines, interpretation, and transparency and handout masters. Mid-level managers, especially those with aspirations to advance; supervisors and first-level managers; high-level individual contributors.
Allow about 20 minutes to take and score the Profile and at least 45 minutes to debrief completely.
Today’s business environment demands that all managers effectively display both leadership and management skills. However, managers often aren’t clear on what distinguishes these competencies — or how to balance these two different yet complementary skill sets.
The Leader-Manager Profile enables both your managers and your organization to achieve success. This 36-item assessment illustrates for managers how their competence as both a manager and a leader can contribute to meeting the demands of the marketplace.
• Clarify the differences between leading and managing
• Pinpoint the skills needed to be effective in each role
• Understand how to balance and improve the 2 skills sets
The Leader-Manager Profile Facilitator Guide includes
• Administrative guidelines
• Optional 2-hour workshop
• Experiential learning methodology
• The Leader-Manager Model
• Technical information including reliability, validity and normative data
• Sample training design
• Training outline template
• 4 supplemental activities
• CD-ROM containing a PowerPoint® presentation and reproducible masters including a certificate of achievement, training evaluation, and handouts
• Sample copy of the redesigned Participant Guide
• Convenient binder format.
• 36-item inventory
• Pressure-sensitive response form
• Diagrams for charting scores
• Interpretive information
• The Balanced Leader-Manager model
• Reflection questions
• Action planning.
Feedback Form includes:
• 36-item inventory
• Pressure-sensitive response form.