The Strategic Leadership Type Indicator Facilitator Set includes both half-day and full-day workshop outlines to make it easier for the trainer to deliver workshops of variable length. Each topic is introduced with background concepts including notes for leading discussions and detailed instructions for leading participants through experiential exercises. The trainer uses a PowerPoint slideshow to pace the workshop and summarise key learning points.
STLi Table of Contents
• Learning Objectives
• Includes Macro Learning Objectives for the course, and dedicated Objectives for each module
• Course Design Options
• Before You Begin
• Module 1: Introduction to Strategic Leadership
• Module 2: Self-Assessment Using the Strategic Leadership Type Indicator (SLTi)
• Module 3: Understanding Task and People Orientations
• Module 4: Interpreting Your Strategy Score
• Module 5: Exploring the Strategies
• Module 6: Evaluating Strategic Needs
• Module 7: Implementing Your Strategy
• Module 8: Developmental Leadership
• Module 9: Concluding Points and Activities
• Appendix A: Handouts
• Appendix B: Case Analysis and Interpretation
• Appendix C: Technical Notes on the Design of the SLTi
• Appendix D: Using a 360-Degree Feedback Process
Also included with the binder are 1 copy of the STLi Form A, 1 STLi Participant Coursebook, and 1 STLi 360 Degree Feedback Profile Pack.
Learning objectives include
• Create ownership and responsibility to lead by considering individual performance needs
• Improve sensitivity to a wider range of effective leadership actions
• Learn individual tendencies in a variety of management situations
• Learn to make the strategic decision preceding virtually every supervisory action to influence performance by emphasising the 'task' or the 'people'
• Recognise the strengths and weaknesses of your dominant SLTi style
• Learn to flex your style appropriately to the needs of the direct report
• Effectively use the Instruct, Relate, Coach, and Delegate styles
• View performance situations in terms of how capable the employee is and how strongly they desire to perform well
• Master 3 simple steps that can be applied in all performance management situations
• Plan your use of strategic leadership back on the job
• Integrate an employee development strategy into the use of strategic leadership styles.
Trainers/Management instructors will benefit from a holistic explanation of management science culminating in the author’s development of the Strategic Leadership Type Indicator model. This 24 page appendix discusses early management research at Ohio State University and by Blake/Mouton and Hersey/Blanchard which resulted in the first managerial grids. It goes on to discuss flaws widely recognised in these management concepts, and then explains how the Strategic Leadership model ameliorates and overcomes these criticisms by its incorporation of tactical flexibility within a strategic position.
Use the SLTi Facilitator’s Guide with the 50-page SLTi Participant Coursebook and the SLTi Self-Assessment, for a complete leadership workshop.