How Get Fit for Coaching - A Skill Practice Game works:
After a brief presentation on the five key coaching skills, teams begin the first round of play, racing against the clock to answer coaching questions correctly, developing a sharper understanding of the five key skills. In round two, participants are asked to respond to everyday coaching situations, earning a 'letter card' for each correct response. The first team to earn a card for each letter in the word 'Coach' wins the game.
Get Fit for Coaching - A Skill Practice Game Learning Outcomes:
- Practice and strengthen the five key coaching skills
- Discover how to develop effective coaching relationships and provide a rewarding work environment
- Learn how to improve others’ performance and maximise potential through coaching.
Get Fit for Coaching - A Skill Practice Game can be used as a standalone game to build, refresh, or reinforce coaching skills, or as part of a leadership training programme. It is also a powerful addition to the Get Fit for Coaching assessment, enabling participants to fine-tune areas of strength and improve skill areas as needed through practice.
The Get Fit for Coaching Complete Game includes:
- 1 Facilitator Guide
- 4 sets of card decks with individual storage cases
- 4 laminated game cards
- 16 Self Assessments
- 120 game chips
- Sturdy tote bag.
The Complete Game contains materials for a maximum of sixteen participants or four teams of four people each. The Participant Guide includes a summary of the Coaching Process Model, an overview of the five key coaching skills, an introspective coaching exercise, and action planning.
Get Fit for Coaching Facilitator Guide Table of Contents
- Overview and Introduction
- Administering Get Fit for Coaching: A Skill Practice Game
- About the Microsoft PowerPoint Presentation
- Experiential Learning Methodology
- Background Information
Observe and Analyse
Question and Listen
- Technical Development
- Skills Practice Game At-A-Glance
- Preparation Checklist
- Facilitator Instructions
- Training Design Options
- Alternative Training Configurations
- Blank Training Outline
- Related Materials from HRDQ
- About the Overhead Transparency Masters
- Self Assessment.
The Complete Game Kit includes everything you need to successfully run the simulation for up to 16 participants. All parts of the Game Kit are reusable except the Participants Guides.
Game - Each Game trains up to 4 teams of 4 participants
To build skills for effective coaching
Managers, supervisors, team leaders, and anyone who wants to become a more effective 'coach'
HRDQ Research & Development Team