The Team Conflict Strategies Inventory presents teams with 5 typical conflict scenarios. Administered in two phases, team members are first asked to predict individually how their team would handle each situation by ranking strategy alternatives. Then, the team as a whole comes together to try to reach consensus on the items. This approach allows individual team members to share their perceptions and come to conclusions about common strategies employed by the team.
- Identify their preferred strategy for handling conflict.
- Gain an understanding of 5 different conflict strategies.
- Learn the appropriate use of each strategy.
- Develop procedures for managing disagreements.
'Sometimes team disagreements can become serious conflicts, threatening the productivity or even the life of the group. But if a team can use effective strategies for handling conflict, conflict may afford new learning and eventually deeper, more productive relationships.'
Rollin Glaser, EdD
Author and HRDQ Chairman
Team Conflict Strategies Inventory Facilitator Guide features sections covering:
- Administrative guidelines
- Background information
- Origins and Learning Goals of the TCSI
- Conflict in Teams
- The TCSI Model
- Understanding The 5 Team Conflict Strategies
- Scoring and Profiling
- Sample Training Design
- Blank training outline
- Sample Self Assessment
- Certificate of achievement template
- Training evaluation template
- Overhead transparency masters.
In addition to administrative guidelines and theoretical background, the detailed Facilitator Guide features a training activity with reproducible participant handouts, and downloadable PowerPoint presentation.
You will need 1 Self Assessment per participant. For maximum benefit, purchase 1 Facilitator Guide per trainer.
To identify and understand a team's preferred conflict strategy
All levels of teams
HRDQ Research & Development Team