The model upon which the instrument is based may be applied in the following types of presentations:
• Sales presentations (including presentations that require audiences to make a decision)
• Motivational speeches
• Coaching and training sessions
• Information briefings
Presentation Skills Profile can be used to evaluate a specific presentation, measuring progress in preparing and delivering presentations. As with all our tools, the assessment is effective when used alone or as the centerpiece of a workshop or longer program on presentation skills.
The Learning Outcomes:
• Identify and set presentation objectives
• Discover how to analyse and involve the audience
• Learn how to design and display effective visual aids
• Practice staging presentations
The Theory Behind The Profile
The Presentation Skills Model at the centre of the Presentation Skills Profile shows the influences of the relevant literature on presentation skills, including the work of Holcombe and Stein and others. The model contains the six presentation questions that help individuals turn lackluster presentations into engaging dialogues with their audiences.