Discover your political preferences and develop skills to manage organisational politics more positively
The political intelligence profile (pip) is an easy-to-use self-scoring instrument that will provide insights into the respondent’s understanding and use of organisational power and politics. In today’s increasingly complex work environment, ‘traditional’ leadership skills are no longer sufficient to guarantee personal and organisational success.
The missing leadership competency
Research indicates that successful 21st century Managers need to develop what has been described as ‘the missing leadership competency’ of political intelligence™.
Understanding what really makes an organisation function is essential. Yet many managers either ignore, or are ignorant about, 'the way we do things round here.' Political intelligence underpins the ability to successfully influence and get things done. The pip peels away the confusion about 'politics' and turns it into a practical, best practice approach to personal success.
Help your managers develop the skills needed to manoeuvre effectively around the political landscape. Focus them on using a set of best practice behaviours and techniques, aimed at delivering personal and organisational goals.
The political intelligence profile is a 32 page, easy to use, self scoring instrumen. It measures the respondent’s current political preferences. It contains scoring and a profile interpretation guide that can be used as a stand-alone instrument or as part of a wider leadership development programme.
It has been completely revised and updated and now includes the Development Choices Workbook which outlines a range of development options that include practical ideas on how to become more politically positive.
The pip provides a unique 6 stage process for developing higher levels of political intelligence™, specifically giving the user:
• A model to understand and identify the different types of political animals that exist in an organisation
• Clarity on how to manage the politics in the organisation more effectively
• An interpretation of the respondent’s current political profile and it’s implications
• A process to develop skills and behaviours that are critical in successfully managing the politics in the organisation
• A set of tools and techniques that will make the workplace more politically positive
• A range of behaviours and skills that will improve personal and team performance
• An understanding on how to manage the different types of political animals that exist in all organisations.
• Reveal your level of political intelligence
• Discover what 'type' of political animal you are
• Consider how you might become even more politically positive
• Implement ways to become even more effective in your workplace and with your colleagues.