Personality style. It's the primary driving force behind human behaviour. Knowing its ins and outs will shed light on just about everything people do, from leadership to communicating with others to being a team player.
Understanding how personality style works is very simple. In fact, it all boils down to assertiveness and expressiveness, two fundamental behaviours that combine in varying degrees to formulate four basic personality styles: Direct, Spirited, Considerate, and Systematic.
The newest addition to the bestselling HRDQ Style Series, Personality Style for Dummies provides a great way to get a grasp on personality style. This handy reference guide introduces the four personality styles, illustrates how they apply to a wide range of organisational situations, shows readers how to spot someone else's personality style, and offers tips for 'flexing' personality style in any situation.
• Discover and understand one's personality style
• Identify the common characteristics of each personality style
• Learn the benefits and challenges of each personality style
• Understand how to adapt your personality style to interact with others.
Personality Style for Dummies is an excellent resource for self-study learning and as a follow-up to classroom training. Whether you use it as an introduction to personality style or give it to participants as a takeaway, this book will quickly become a handy reference tool to keep at the ready!
Table of Contents:
• Defining Personality Style
• Deciphering Your Personality Style
• Applying the Four Styles in Communication
• Applying the Four Styles in Leading
• Applying the Four Styles in Teaming
• Applying the Four Styles in Selling
• Applying the Four Styles
• Applying the Four Styles in Coaching
• Applying the Four Styles in Learning
• Top Behavioural Clues to Identify Style
• Top Rules for Interacting
• Top Ten Personality Style Tips