The Negotiating Style Profile is appropriate for anyone involved in negotiations. It is flexible enough to be used as a stand-alone instrument or as a component in a larger negotiating, communication, or leadership programme.
Negotiating Style Profile is a starting point — and probably most effectively administered, scored, and interpreted before any formal negotiation skills training begins. Once individuals are aware of their own negotiating style, they can learn to negotiate effectively by acquiring good negotiating skills.
For more advanced negotiators who are familiar with the win-win model in NSP, see Dealing with Tough Negotiators.
Facilitator Guide includes:
• Administrative guidelines
• Theoretical background
• Experiential learning methodology
• The Model of Negotiating Styles
• 1½-hour workshop
• Alternative training design (2½-hour workshop)
• 4 supplemental activities
• Reliability, validity, and normative data
• Characteristics of the 5 negotiating styles
• CD-ROM containing Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation and reproducible masters including handout, certificate of achievement, training evaluation, and overhead transparency masters
• Training outline template
• Sample copy of Participant Guide and Feedback Form
• Convenient binder format