Add an exhilarating and meaningful exercise to any training session. Just My Type is a fun, revealing card game based on Jung’s theory of personality types.
By trading and discussing cards and fashioning a hand that best captures their personality style, players learn about 4 personality dimensions: Extraversion/Introversion, Sensing/Intuition, Thinking/Feeling, and Judging/Perceiving. The game gives participants an opportunity to discuss how behaviour preferences impact their relationships with others and how they can work together more effectively and productively.
• Discover one’s personal style
• Understand differences in behaviour preferences
• Identify behaviour strengths and blind spots
• Build acceptance and understanding of those with different behaviour preferences
This dynamic card game is based upon concepts developed by Carl Jung. His theory suggests that there are 8 personality preferences that we all use at different times. These 8 preferences are organised into 4 pairs of contrasting dimensions. Each dimension represents a particular way we respond to the world around us. For example, where we focus our attention or how we make decisions is determined by our preferences. Our preferences in each of the four pairs combine into what is called a Personality Type.
How It Works
Reusable cards are divided into four “suits,” representing the 4 personality dimensions. Each card contains an adjective relevant to a particular personality style. For example, a Thinking card might contain the word “logical.” Players are randomly dealt several cards from each suit. Some of the cards may describe them, but many won’t. To fashion a hand that best captures their personality style, players trade and discuss cards. After the game, participant workbooks provide an overview of personality types, short activities, and instructions for generating and discussing an optional team profile.
Uses for Just My Type
Just My Type makes a perfect introduction to any communication, diversity, leadership, or personality-style workshop. The game is also effective as a stand-alone learning event.
Suggested uses for Just My Type:
• As an ice breaker or introduction to any workshop
• To provide a quick and effective introduction to personality type theory
• As a highly educational and experiential activity within a workshop
• To develop team cohesiveness through awareness and acceptance of individual preferences
What to Order/Product Contents
Each Complete Game trains up to 16 participants. All materials except for the Participant Workbooks are reusable. For larger groups, order one Game Pack for each additional 8 players.
Our Customer Service Team is available to assist you with determining your training material needs.
The Just My Type Complete Game includes:
• 4 reusable decks of 48 cards each
• 16 20-page Participant Workbooks
• 16 Tent Cards
• Facilitator Guide
The Game Pack includes:
• 8 Participant Workbooks
• 8 tent cards.
Facilitator Guide features: (included in the complete game)
• Administrative guidelines
• Personality type theory
• Suggestions for using the game as a team-building exercise.
Participant Workbook features:
• Personality type theory
• Chart for recording personality type
• Interpretive information
• Action planning
• Team action planning.