A management development and leadership style assessment that identifies leadership style and helps organisational leaders, managers, and supervisors improve performance and become effective leaders.
Part of the best-selling HRDQ Style Series, What's My Leadership Style? is a validated assessment that quickly and accurately identifies a preference for one of four behavioural patterns based on measures of assertiveness and expressiveness: Direct, Spirited, Considerate, or Systematic.
With increased awareness of their personal style and a practical mental framework to build upon, aspiring leaders can assess and adjust their own actions, interpret the behaviour of others, and improve their ability to win hearts and minds in any situation calling for effective leadership.
What's My Leadership Style? starts with a leadership style assessment in which individuals are given 20 pairs of actions relating to leadership behaviour. With a limit of 5 points, assessment-takers distribute points between the two actions in each pair - indicating the degree to which they prefer either action when acting as a leader. The result of scoring the assessment is the identification of one's preferred leadership style: Direct, Spirited, Considerate, or Systematic. Completing the assessment requires approximately 10 minutes.
After the leadership style assessment has been scored, we recommend you allow approximately 1 hour for interpretation of scores, topic discussion, debrief, and action planning. The Facilitator Guide also offers an easy-to-follow workshop outline that expands What's My Leadership Style into a 2-hour programme.
• Identify personal leadership style
• Learn how to capitalise on style strengths
• Discover how to minimise style trouble spots
• Learn how to 'flex' personal style to interact most effectively with others.
Facilitator Guide includes:
• Administrative guidelines
• Background information
• Sample training design
• Blank training outline
• Optional activities to conduct using StylePlay - 12 Group Card Games (please see code 150E for more information on StylePlay)
• Sample copy of What's My Leadership Style? Participant Guide
• CD-ROM containing Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation and reproducible masters (certificate of achievement, training evaluation and overhead transparency masters)
• Convenient binder format
• Sample copy of Personality Style for Dummies
• Sample copy of Personality Style at Work.