Team-Work & Team-Roles Facilitator Guide 3rd Edition
Ideally, team-work proceeds sequentially from initiation to ideation, elaboration, and completion. But research shows that teams often diffuse their efforts by spending time on work they prefer to do, oftentimes skipping essential phases.
• Identify preferred individual and team-roles and work phases
• Learn how to deliberately cultivate the missing team-roles and work phases
• Discover how to resolve team-roles that conflict
• Explore the strengths and weaknesses of teams that are “stuck” in various team-work/team-role combinations
The model for Team-Work & Team-Roles is based on research in the areas of team-roles and team effectiveness. This model assigns 8 specialised roles to 4 phases of the Team-Work Cycle.
How It Works
Using an 18-item assessment, team members rank-order sets of 4 statements describing their manner of working in a team. A team profile (created by compiling individual profiles) and group discussion then help the teams to discover how they can modify their behaviour to ensure roles and phases are addressed.
Facilitator Guide includes
• Administrative guidelines
• Optional 2-hour workshop - NEW!
• Experiential learning methodology - NEW!
• Description of the Team-Work Cycle and Team-Roles Model
• Interpretive information
• Technical information including validity and normative data
• Sample training designs
• Training outline template
• 4 supplemental activities - NEW!
• CD-ROM containing PowerPoint® presentations and reproducible masters including a certificate of achievement, training evaluation, and handouts - NEW!
• Sample copy of the Participant Guide - NEW!
• Convenient binder format - NEW!