Problem Solved!is a 25-item assessment providing participants with an easy-to-use, 5-step problem-solving process. By using this process, individuals can identify and monitor their skill level at each step.
• Learn an effective way to solve everyday problems
• Identify strengths and weaknesses at each step of the process
• Create action plans for improvement
Problem Solved! is based on a process of 5 steps (The Problem Solved! Process). The instrument takes the perspective that a systematic method of problem solving followed and practised on a regular basis yields rapid and efficient problem-solving (Hesselberth, 1994). Drawing on the work of Sternberg (1986) and Klubnik & Greenwood (1994), the Problem Solved! Process is based on the most common and most sensible steps.
How It Works
With a recent problem in mind, participants respond to 25 behaviour-related statements, indicating the extent to which they practised the behaviour. By scoring and charting results, they create a visual depiction of their comfort level with each of the 5 problem-solving steps. Participants learn about the 5-step Problem Solved! Process, discuss everyday problem-solving, apply the Problem Solved! Process to a current problem, and make action plans.
Uses for Problem Solved!
Problem Solved! is best used with participants who require a quick problem-solving method. Other instruments (e.g., the Force Field Problem Solving Model) can be used for working with in-depth problems. Effective when used as a stand-alone tool as well as part of a larger programme, the Problem Solved! is particularly helpful for individuals or groups who:
• Face repeated short-term problems
• Must engage in problem-solving daily or weekly
• Need to solve problems within a short period of time (e.g., one hour)
• Need a standard method for problem-solving that can be applied universally
• Tend to spend too long solving everyday problems
What to Order/Product Contents
Order one Facilitator Guide per trainer and one Participant Guide per participant.
Participant Guide includes:
• 25-item assessment
• Pressure-sensitive response form
• Detailed descriptions of the 5 problem-solving steps
• Tips for problem solving
• Chart to record assessment results
• Reflection questions
• Action planning