When people listen, organisations gain a competitive advantage from better communication, morale, and productivity to reduced absenteeism, turnover, and conflict...
However, studies show people remember only half of what they hear, even moments after they’ve heard it and that’s not all...on average, people spend 45% of their time listening, yet only 2% report they've had formal education on the topic. Research makes the message loud and clear — it’s time to add listening to your training line-up.
Learning to Listen is a communication instrument that focuses on the visible — and invisible — aspects of listening behaviour: Staying Focused, Capturing the Message, and Helping the Speaker.
Learning to Listen Self-Assessment Contents:
- 30-item inventory with tear-out scoring form
- Scoring and Charting the Assessment
- Interpreting Results.
The full-colour facilitator set provides everything you will need to hold a successful Learning to Listen training workshop.
Each facilitator set includes
- The Learning to Listen Third Edition Facilitator Guide
- Comprehensive background information
- Instructions for administering the assessment
- Step-by-step workshop guidelines
- A skill-development module
- Practice activities
- Sample Participant Materials
- Paper assessment
- Online assessment
- Online self-study assessment
- HRDQue Card
- Participant Workbook
- Reusable Wall Poster
- USB Flash Drive
- Facilitator support materials
- Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation
Individuals are presented with an inventory of 30 statements that takes approximately 10 minutes to complete. Results reveal scores in three dimensions of listening.
- The Importance of Listening
- Module 1: Understanding Listening
- Module 2: Practice Effective Listening
- Module 3: Development Planning
- Module 4: Putting it All Together.
|Attribute name||Attribute value|
|ORDERING GUIDE||You will need 1 paper or online assessment per participant. For maximum benefit, purchase 1 Facilitator Guide per trainer. Purchase 1 Workbook per participant as a comprehensive takeaway that includes critical content, worksheets, and forms used during the workshop, as well as additional tools for on-the-job use.|
|FORMAT||Paper or Online available|
|OBJECTIVE||To teach participants effective listening skills|
|AUDIENCE||Individuals at all levels|
|TIME REQUIRED||Scoring: 10 minutes, Interpretation: 1.5 hours, Workshop 2 hours (optional)|
|AUTHOR||HRDQ Research & Development Team|