What's My Coaching Style Self Assessment Table of Contents:
- 18-item assessment with pressure-sensitive response form
- Scoring and Understanding Your Coaching Style
- What is Coaching
- What is Style
- Coaching + Style = Coaching Style
- Why is It Important That I Know My Coaching Style?
- Scoring What's My Coaching Style
- Interpreting Your Scores
- Is There a Best Coaching Style?
- Too Much of a Good Thing?
- Action Planning
- Identify personal preference for one of four coaching styles
- Develop an awareness of personal behaviour patterns
- Learn how one is viewed by those he or she coaches
- Create an action plan to apply in the workplace immediately.
What’s My Coaching Style and the other titles in the HRDQ Style Series are based on the well-known research and personality theories of psychologists Carl Jung, William Moulton Marston, and others. Most research has identified two basic dimensions of style, which we refer to as assertiveness and expressiveness. Assertiveness is the effort a person makes to influence or control the thoughts or actions of others. Expressiveness is the effort that a person makes to control his or her emotions and feelings when relating to others.
What to Order - Order one Facilitator Guide per trainer, one Participant Guide per participant, and one Feedback Form for each of the participants’ coachees (to be used separately from the training session).
How It Works
Participants respond to 18 pairs of adjectives, using a pressure-sensitive form. After scoring is complete, easy-to-read charts allow respondents to quickly scan the strengths and trouble spots that characterise their particular coaching styles.
Uses for What’s My Coaching Style
What’s My Coaching Style is ideal for training anyone who coaches another and wants to create an environment of high performance, change, and learning. It makes an effective component in training programmes for a variety of topics, including:
- Performance Management
- Leadership/Management/Supervisory Skills
- Team Building
|Attribute name||Attribute value|
|ORDERING GUIDE||You will need 1 Paper or Online Self Assessment per participant. For maximum benefit, purchase 1 Facilitator Guide per trainer and to gain feedback purchase 1 Feedback booklet per person giving feedback.|
|FORMAT||Paper or Online available|
|OBJECTIVE||To help individuals identify and understand their coaching styles|
|AUDIENCE||Individuals who coach others|
|TIME REQUIRED||1 hour|
|AUTHOR||HRDQ Research & Development Team|