An Overview of Online Learning Second Edition Second Edition
If you’re thinking about using online learning in your organisation, An Overview of Online Learning Second Edition will become one of your greatest planning resources. The author explains online learning in simple language, defines basic terms and concepts, and addresses three key considerations when planning an online learning programme:
• Learning goals you can achieve with online learning—many you can’t achieve in a classroom
• Technology you need to consider when starting or expanding an online learning programme
• Project issues associated with the successful design, development and delivery of online learning
Using this resource, you will learn:
• How online learning compares to distance learning, e-learning, web-based training and computer-based training
• How to deal with the new opportunities—and challenges—the computer imposes
• The difference between formal and informal learning
• 3 types of supporting technologies
• How to develop online learning materials.
Saul Carliner's book includes a glossary of terms and samples of online learning lesson designs and is packed with examples, resources and suggestions to ensure your next effort is a success.