Innovative managers and team leaders:
- Inspire Innovation
- Build Systems to Support Innovation
- Assess Opportunities
- Create Champions
- Launch the Innovation.
Innovative leaders are not necessarily technical experts or inherently creative. Rather, they have the skill to encourage innovation in others, creating informal and formal systems that invite, support, and reward innovation.
Managers can tap into their employees’ creative processes and encourage ownership of the innovation each step of the way.
Encouraging Innovation Through 5 Key Conversations may be used to:
- Establish a new approach to building innovation in an organisation
- Provide basic skills training in developing creativity and innovation in individuals and teams
- Complement existing leadership development techniques being used in an organisation.
The comprehensive 30-item Participant Booklet features detailed descriptions of the 5 key conversations, ideas for development, action steps, and conversation planners.
What to order: You will need 1 Self Assessment per participant. For maximum benefit, purchase 1 Facilitator Guide per trainer.
Discover how to inspire innovation by eliciting and acknowledging diverse perspectives, learn how to build systems to support innovation, understand how to stimulate creative thinking, and learn how to coach employees to advocate new ideas.
Innovative leaders are not necessarily technical experts or inherently creative. Rather, they have the skills necessary to encourage innovation in others. By engaging employees in conversations that explore possibilities beyond conventional thinking, managers can encourage others to stretch their creative abilities, invite risk taking, and collaborate on the best ways to navigate through organisational boundaries.
Facilitator Guide Table of Contents:
- Overview and Introduction
- Origin of Encouraging Innovation Through 5 Key Conversations
- When to use Encouraging Innovation Through 5 Key Conversations
- Our Model of Encouraging Innovation Through 5 Key Conversations
- The 5 Key Conversations
- Applying the Encouraging Innovation Model
- Administration Guidelines
- Technical Development
- Sample Training Designs
- About the Overhead Transparency Masters
- Related Materials form HRDQ
- Overhead Transparency Masters.
|Attribute name||Attribute value|
|ORDERING GUIDE||You will need 1 Self Assessment per participant. For maximum benefit, purchase 1 Facilitator Guide per trainer.|
|OBJECTIVE||To assess a manager or team leader’s current skill level in encouraging innovation in employees|
|AUDIENCE||Managers and Team Leaders|
|TIME REQUIRED||1 to 1½ hours|
|AUTHOR||Jocelyn Kung and Marianne Minor|