Free Download Sample Available
The Dynamic Leader Inventory is an exciting resource that helps identify and develop the 7 key characteristics of an effective leader. The revised Dynamic Leader Inventory (DLI) is designed to assess how an individual behaves in their leadership role with their team. It provides a measure of the extent to which an individual provides ‘dynamic leadership’, self-assessing the frequency with which each of 49 leadership behaviours are used. This produces scores on seven facets of dynamic leadership, as well as an overall score. Scores are compared with those of others and a standardised score produced.
By completing the self-scoring Inventory, leaders will discover how well they rate on each characteristic. They then create a personal profile that provides clarity about their leadership strengths and weaknesses. This forms the basis for a structured leadership development plan.
The 7 key characteristics of an effective leader:
• Vision: communicating a clear and compelling vision
• Source: being tuned into the source of the vision, using ‘kaleidoscope’ thinking
• Macro: or organisational issues
• Interpersonal: relationship issues about visibility, listening, involving and developing staff
• Traits: personal qualities, particularly self-confidence, persistence, perseverance and consistency
• Task: the organisation and implementation of tasks
• Creativity: coming up with novel and well thought through ideas.
The revised DLI also also includes a 16-item measure of the individual’s leadership role and situation. Extensive research carried out by the authors is used to establish what is most likely to be an effective pattern of leadership behaviour for the individual, given their particular circumstances. Individuals compare their behaviour with that of others in similar contexts that have been independently assessed as effective. They use this information to explore how they might change their behaviour and develop to improve their leadership effectiveness
|Attribute name||Attribute value|
|OBJECTIVE||To improve Leadership|
|AUDIENCE||People who are in, or aspire towards, any position of leadership, irrespective of organisational level.|
|TIME REQUIRED||20-30 minutes|
|AUTHOR||Tony Manning & Bob Robertson|