Facilitator Guide table of contents:
• Administrative guidelines
• The Best Boss Inventory At A Glance
• What Does it Take to Be a Best Boss?
• Best Boss Indicators
• Scoring Instructions
• Sample Training Design
• Technical Development
• About the Microsoft PowerPoint Presentation
• Related Materials from HRDQ
• Appendix & Participant Handout Masters.
Why help a boss become a 'Best Boss?'
One study found that 50 percent of work-life satisfaction is determined by the relationship an employee has with his or her immediate boss. And, a 1999 Gallup poll determined that employees leave bosses, not organisations.
Help reduce turnover and foster better boss-employee relationships with the Best Boss Inventory. The instrument provides a model for emulating the traits of 'best' bosses, giving individuals insights into their behaviours in leading, motivating, and inspiring their employees. The Best Boss Inventory assesses 6 key skills, including Connecting People with Purpose, Encouraging Ownership, Focusing Efforts on Smart Work, Building Competence, Recognising Achievements, and Respecting the Individual.
• Learn about the behaviours that are linked to 'best' bosses
• Determine strengths and areas of improvement in 6 best boss categories
• Expand and enhance best boss skills.
To help managers assess their ability to lead
Leaders, managers, and supervisors
1½ to 2 hours
HRDQ Research & Development Team