How Get Fit for Coaching - A Skill Practice Game works:
After a brief presentation on the five key coaching skills, teams begin the first round of play, racing against the clock to answer coaching questions correctly, developing a sharper understanding of the five key skills. In round two, participants are asked to respond to everyday coaching situations, earning a 'letter card' for each correct response. The first team to earn a card for each letter in the word 'Coach' wins the game.
Get Fit for Coaching - A Skill Practice Game Learning Outcomes:
- Practice and strengthen the five key coaching skills
- Discover how to develop effective coaching relationships and provide a rewarding work environment
- Learn how to improve others’ performance and maximise potential through coaching.
Get Fit for Coaching - A Skill Practice Game can be used as a standalone game to build, refresh, or reinforce coaching skills, or as part of a leadership training programme. It is also a powerful addition to the Get Fit for Coaching assessment, enabling participants to fine-tune areas of strength and improve skill areas as needed through practice.
The Get Fit for Coaching Complete Game includes:
- 1 Facilitator Guide
- 4 sets of card decks with individual storage cases
- 4 laminated game cards
- 16 Self Assessments
- 120 game chips
- Sturdy tote bag.
The Complete Game contains materials for a maximum of sixteen participants or four teams of four people each. The Participant Guide includes a summary of the Coaching Process Model, an overview of the five key coaching skills, an introspective coaching exercise, and action planning.
Get Fit for Coaching Facilitator Guide Table of Contents
- Overview and Introduction
- Administering Get Fit for Coaching: A Skill Practice Game
- About the Microsoft PowerPoint Presentation
- Experiential Learning Methodology
- Background Information
Observe and Analyse
Question and Listen
- Technical Development
- Skills Practice Game At-A-Glance
- Preparation Checklist
- Facilitator Instructions
- Training Design Options
- Alternative Training Configurations
- Blank Training Outline
- Related Materials from HRDQ
- About the Overhead Transparency Masters
- Self Assessment.
|Attribute name||Attribute value|
|ORDERING GUIDE||The Complete Game Kit includes everything you need to successfully run the simulation for up to 16 participants. All parts of the Game Kit are reusable except the Participants Guides.|
|FORMAT||Game - Each Game trains up to 4 teams of 4 participants|
|OBJECTIVE||To build skills for effective coaching|
|AUDIENCE||Managers, supervisors, team leaders, and anyone who wants to become a more effective 'coach'|
|TIME REQUIRED||2½ hours|
|AUTHOR||HRDQ Research & Development Team|