Research shows that the time management approach best suited to increasing a person’s productivity largely depends on that individual’s behavioural style. What’s My Time Style?, a simple 21-item assessment, helps participants to identify individual time management styles and make their styles work for them rather than against them.
• Identify preference for one of four time management styles
• Learn how to capitalise on strengths and overcome the trouble spots of their styles
• Learn how to interact effectively with other styles
What’s My Time Style? and the other titles in the HRDQ Style Series are based on the well-known research and personality theories of psychologists Carl Jung, William Moulton Marston, and others. Most research has identified two basic dimensions of style, which we refer to as assertiveness and expressiveness. Assertiveness is the effort a person makes to influence or control the thoughts or actions of others. Expressiveness is the effort that a person makes to control his or her emotions and feelings when relating to others.
How It Works
Participants respond to 21 pairs of adjectives, using a pressure-sensitive form. After scoring is complete, easy-to-read charts allow respondents to quickly scan the strengths and trouble spots that characterise their particular time management styles.
The Facilitator Guide includes optional activities that allow participants to practice capitalising on their styles and using flexibility when working with other styles. In addition, each Participant Guide provides a personal action-planning worksheet so that individuals can apply what they’ve learned to the workplace.
Uses for What’s My Time Style?
What’s My Time Style? is ideal for training anyone who wants to learn more about his or her time management style. It makes an effective component in various training programs for a variety of topics, including:
• Leading Meetings
• Team/Project Management
What to Order
Order one Facilitator Guide per trainer and one Participant Guide
Facilitator Guide includes:
• Administrative guidelines
• Background information
• Sample training design
• Blank training outline
• Optional activities
• Sample copy of Participant Guide and e-Assessment facilitation guidelines
• CD-ROM containing Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation and reproducible masters (Certificate of Achievement, Training Evaluation and overhead transparency masters)
• Convenient binder format
• Sample copy of Personality Style for Dummies
• Sample copy of Personality Style at Work.