Conflict Strategies Inventory, is a soft-skills training programme on conflict management strategies, based on the Blake and Mouton Styles Grid. The assessment identifies an individual's preferred conflict strategy, examines each strategy, and enables individuals to develop an action plan to put learning into action.
The poster provides a visual aid for the Conflict Strategies Inventory workshop. The five conflict strategies are showcased on one side and on the reverse you will find the HRDQ Experiential Learning Model.
The Five Conflict Strategies
Produces a solution that incorporates both A's and B's goals.
Consists of giviing in on one need in order to get another satisfied.
Produces a win-lose situation.
Involves giving in to the other party and ignoring one's own goals.
Is staying away from or withdrawing from a conflict.
• Pinpoint one's preferred strategy for managing conflict
• Discover the five different ways people respond to conflict
• Understand how and when to utilize the Integrating strategy
• Learn and practice when to use alternative strategies
• Create a development plan to put the learning into action.