This book is a practical reference to effective mentoring in a format that provides quick access to the important concepts and techniques of this unique, powerful, one-to-one learning model.
The Manager's Pocket Guide to Mentoring is a convenient and comprehensive reference, offering valuable, pragmatic guidance that mentors can use in assisting mentees to:
• Participate in constructive interpersonal dialogues during the mentoring experience
• Map out attainable personal and professional goals
• Analyse problems, formulate realistic solutions, and make constructive decisions
• Plan workable strategies for promoting career, training, and educational development
• Initiate positive actions to achieve stated objectives
This guide presents an expanded view of the behavioural expertise required of today's mentors who are faced with the challenge of establishing and sustaining mentoring relationships within more complex workplace, academic, and social environments.